Monday, June 15, 2009

GOOD WISHES QUILT


Well, 2 years later I am FINALLY piecing together Nate's Good Wishes quilt! I have a high respect for quilters after this. I am definitely lacking in patience when it comes to quilting and it's not totally straight and even, but I am determined to finish it this year. I showed the partially completed quilt top to Nate and he immediately started pointing out things that he liked.....Nemo, trains, motorcycles, race cars...that makes it worth it to me!

Now I have to figure out a border and wait until I can use my coupon at the fabric store to get quilt batting. That stuff is expensive! The squares are the size of a toddler bed, which was my original goal, but when we get a house, we will transition him to a twin bed so I have to make it larger. Thus...more quilt batting. 

It was fun for me to see all the squares that many of you sent to Nate and remember the wishes and notes that you included. 

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Beautiful! We too are working on ours, I can't wait until it's done! Love all the pictures from your adventure on the post below...good times!

Sarah said...

You have done great job- it looks awesome!

Pat Ramos said...

Lovely! Turned out great. Just think your Great Grandma did hers all by hand. Machine works for me.