Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!!!!



What a totally awesome day! When I finally sat back, relaxed and reflected on everything that happened, I felt really good about today. We had a big crowd at church...about 260!! (normal attendance is approx 170). AND we had a baptism! What a way to celebrate a "new birth".

At church they had an egg hunt for the kids and Nate was totally on a mission...filling up his bucket until he could barely carry it. haha. We let him keep 2 of the eggs but the rest we are giving to the Gospel Rescue Mission. He doesn't need THAT much candy...although he had a great time tearing into the mini Snickers bar and jelly beans in the eggs he kept. I was bummed that I forgot my camera this morning but borrowed one from a couple of friends, so I will have more pix to show later.

This morning he found his Easter basket and was more interested in the Thomas train movie in it than the candy. Priorities!! But he did enjoy his Peep and ate his chocolate bunny's ears this afternoon.

Yesterday we were stressed to the max trying to get everything together. Don was putting last minute touches at the church...planting flowers, setting up tables and getting materials ready for the 40 Days of Purpose to distribute. After our kick-off pancake breakfast, he couldn't find a new shirt he wanted so I offered to make him one. To my surprise, he thought that was a great idea so the WHOLE family made a trip to the fabric store. Never in my lifetime did I think I would see this day (Don HATES the fabric store). I should've taken a photo to commerate it. ha! I got a pattern that said "3-hour shirt" so I thought, I can do that. Well, 7 HOURS LATER....I finally finished the shirt, hemmed his pants and finished my blouse. Why do I do this to myself??? It all turned out great and my guys looked sharp in their new shirts! Photo coming soon.

I am thankful for our day off tomorrow! Whew!


Peeps!


The Easter bunny was good to mom too!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So cute, love his outfit and that mom got the goods!! haha