Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SEEING THE LIGHT

Well that was a long weekend. All of us got a stomach bug...Nate started it Friday night. Then Don got it Saturday. At first I thought it was just a flu-like thing but today, my hubby says, "Don't give Nate any milk, it's gone bad. I tasted it Sunday morning and it tasted bad." I said, "Oh great! I made myself a mocha Sunday night so that's probably what made me sick!" He asked, "You didn't notice it was bad??" Usually, I'M the one who notices those things but for whatever reason, I didn't that night. UGH! So now I'm thinking I got the worst of it and boy did I pay. Before I went to bed Sun. night I felt like I was growing an alien inside me. Then I ended up spending the ENTIRE night in the bathroom. Oh yeah, not even one MINUTE of sleep...I was so sick. Then Monday, my stomach was still so woozy I couldn't even sit up without it rolling. I haven't felt that sick since we drank the water (like idiots) in Cabo. Lucky for me, Monday is Don's day off so he took care of Nate while I was moaning. Bad thing is I spent our only day together sick. :-(

So note to self...Always check expiration dates!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

ick- sounds like you all had a bad time of it! Hope everyone is on the mend-

Kelly said...

Hello,

My name is Kelly - I came accross your blog a couple of months back and have occasionally stopped in to see how things are going with you. A while back you mentioned a Toddler parenting book that you needed to get back to so that your son could learn to entertain himself (I'm not sure if I am wording this correctly) - I found the book in the library but had to return it before I finished - although I really found it helpful. I had written the name down and have misplaced the book name. Could you please send me an email with the name of the book? Thanks
Kelly O'Rourke
fstbaknib@msn.com
website: www.easttowestorourke.com (needs updating but at least yo'll see who I am ...)

Missie said...

Hope you all are doing better. It's tough to be sick and watch after a toddler too. I remember a time when our kids were tots and "the bug" hit Jim and I at the same time. We literally crawled out of bed and Jim got the Pop Tart for Meagan and I changed James' diaper. Jim crawled back, pale faced saying he should have changed the diaper. It was a "park them in front of the TV day" until help could arrive.

RamblingMother said...

Oh you poor thing!