Saturday, February 28, 2009

BLOG CHALLENGED

Sorry, I have been blog challenged lately. Actually I blame Facebook. I spend WAY too much time on there and to actually sit and write a blog anymore is about as tedious as writing a letter. Now that's pathetic. haha.

So here's a quick update. We're continuing to work with Nate on potty training. So far he has #1 down, but #2 is still "iffy". He's been staying dry during his nap and lately, managing to stay dry overnight. But again, the overnight is "iffy". His 2-yr old independence keeps us on our toes. When I tell him to play in a certain area, he'll usually do it but a few minutes later, he'll look at me and say "I finished." Oh no mister...you're finished when MOM says your finished. yeah right. The few times I wasn't paying much attention and gave in, he (of course) remembered and now expects it. Why do we as parents tend to make our job harder?? On the flip side, his memory is amazing to me. Scary too because we have to keep more on top of what we say and do.

My art work is going pretty well despite the economy. I signed several contracts last year and hope to see some results from that this year. It's a little concerning because my agent keeps hearing about more and more manufacturers or retailers who are closing their doors. In the meantime, Don and I are keeping a tighter and more discerning eye on our spending. We really want to knock out our credit card debt. It's annoying to me that we haven't used credit cards in a few years and we're still trying to pay them off. Ugh! We've also decided to take up mountain biking as a family in an effort to stay healthier. It's hard for us to find a form of exercise that we both enjoy so we're going to give this a shot. Yesterday we rode through the neighborhood for 3 miles and I thought I was going to die. Again...pathetic. I've got a lot of shaping up to do.

Speaking of healthy, I'm feeling the call of a homemade iced mocha (not so healthy) so I better obey it. haha. Does organic sugar and cocoa instead of chocolate syrup justify it??? We're going to a free blues concert tonight (I think) so I might have some good photos to share. Hasta.....

2 comments:

Kayce said...

I hear you on the FB thing...it takes me away from everything!!

Sarah said...

please don't stop blogging! I admit I have yet to join Facebook. I am probably one of the only ones left that hasn't.