Saturday, December 27, 2008

MORE CHRISTMAS FUN



Snake??!! Renee....it is your classic goldfish in the tank. No way I'm going to have a snake or other critter escaping and making a home in MY bed. haha. Don named all them: "Red, Goldie, Mr. & Mrs. Spot, Goldfinger, Gold in My Ear, Schfin - (I spell it like he says it)". Nate was fascinated by his Santa gift although we did have to drain the water later after he decided to feed them and dumped the entire packet of food in the tank. Doh!

We went to Denny's on Christmas morning...a "stay-at-home" tradition. It's always fun and everyone's happy and saying "Merry Christmas!" We had a simple dinner...although I totally forgot to get the cranberry sauce and rolls. I also forgot to set out the Santa cookies and milk the night before! I attribute that to either hitting 40 or having a 2 yr old or maybe both. ha!

I think I prepped Nate too well about Santa coming because as soon as he heard us getting up, he opened the door to his room to come out! Now...this was our first Christmas where he is much more aware of everything and I didn't have the camera or anything ready. So I was a mean mommy and told him to stay in his room until we came to get him. Yeah I know what you're thinking. But I was willing to risk a few tears to capture the moment on camera. Don't worry, he settled down quickly. When we were ready, I went in to get him and asked, "Do you want to see what Santa left for you?" He said "Yes!" and the look on his face was priceless when he saw his Santa gifts! Nate was so funny opening his gifts. He would recognize a car or truck and say, "Whoa! Wooow!! Truck!!" and excitedly open it as fast as he could. Then he opened some clothes that my parents gave him and immediately threw them behind him so he could get on to the better stuff. haha. We pretty much chilled for the rest of the day. It was cold and rainy and not much fun to get out. The snow levels came close to town but not to our area. Hopefully we'll get to take Nate to play in it soon. Have a great holiday break!!




















4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Mmmm...looks like you had a nice Christmas! Hey Don and Denise! Imagine coming across your blog! Your little boy is beautiful.

Sharon said...

What a perfect Christmas for a perfect family!!! Happy new year to you all!!! I look forward to going into the new year with you as my good blog buddy Denise, it somehow makes it more secure!!

Missie said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I love the Denny's tradition!

RamblingMother said...

So much fun!!