Monday, December 15, 2008

1st GINGERBREAD HOUSE!

I have had intentions of making a gingerbread house for years....all good intentions of course. When I was a kid, my grandma always made one and my brother and I would sneak pieces of the icicle icing when she wasn't looking. I loved those gingerbread houses so this year, I made sure to do it with Nate. Grandma would bake her own gingerbread but the last time I tried to do that, it crumbled and looked like the beginning of an Extreme Home makeover house. This year, a friend told me about the Costco pre-made gingerbread houses so I tried that and it was a lot of fun with no stress! My kind of house. Nate had an awesome time helping decorate it. The kid is meticulous....he took his time to get it "just right" (in his 2 yr old head that is). He cracks me up because most kids would try to eat the candy but he was too busy decorating to do that. My mom gave me the figurines that my grandma put on her g.bread houses so we have Santa on the rooftop and the scottie dogs and deer in the yard. Tons of fun!









These are some gladiolas that I found at Costco. They are a gorgeous red/orange!




8 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks like a lot of FUN! I may need to buy one of those to see how Grace decorates it- she too is very picky. Happy Holidays!

Pat Ramos said...

Good to see Nate enjoying decorating the g.bread house. G.Grandma would be proud of him!

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Wow, great job, Nate! That looked like a fun and really yummy activity! He is such a cutie!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It looks like Nate had so much fun decorating the gingerbread house. You're such a creative Mommy!

Marisa said...

Too cute! I love that he is so serious about it. Sure looks like he is having fun. I wouldn't be able to get my youngest to stop eating the decorations.

TnLRamos said...

I always wondered what happened to those figurines. Glad to see they are still around. Gingerbread House flashback: The house accidentally was placed on the coffee table and Princess ate most of it and...Hmmm....decided to recycle what she had eaten. Good times.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Dude! I forgot all about that!!

Missie said...

I like the gingerbread house. These are the moments that make the real Christmas memories. Have a great holiday.