Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OUR BIRTHDAY BOY!

Wednesday, our little guy turned the big 2 YEARS OLD!! And oh man was he ever excited about it. I took him to the zoo and Jamie and her 2 toddler kids joined us. He had a ball..feeding the giraffes, seeing all the animals and best of all, riding the train! We had a small but fun party after lunch. I made him a Thomas the Train cake (because he is already obsessed with trains) and he had a blast tearing open one gift after another. Don wanted to get him a big electric toy train and I found the perfect one for only $17 at a KB Toys outlet. Score!!

We had a great weekend wrapping up the last couple of days in Kansas City. I loved the farmer's market, The City Market, there. It was big and so much to see. The flight back was ok. Nate was overtired and overstimulated and had a big tantrum on the first flight..throwing a cup of ice at the plane window! I know it was because he wasn't feeling like himself and hey, I get grumpy and irritated too when I'm exhausted. So I laid him down and he calmly laid in my lap until we had to get on the connecting flight. Then, thankfully, he slept the rest of the way home. Here's some photos below of highlights of Nate's birthday and our trip! I had a hard time choosing so there's quite a few. (click on the photos for a larger view).





2 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Great Photo's! Loved the cake, you did good Denise. Looks like Nate had a wonderful birthday. That was some Farmer's Market, wish we had one here that big.

RamblingMother said...

Happy Birthday!! How fun!