Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I GIVE UP

Well, I finally gave in and did it.....I made a schedule for myself and Nate and stuck it on our fridge. Believe me, I have been protesting this for the last year, thinking I could keep everything in my head and it would all magically work out (esp since I work from home). The last few weeks, I haven't got anything done..except looking at Facebook and emails. What a life! I was getting frustrated and depressed, Nate was frustrated and crankier so I finally admitted I have a scheduling problem. "Hi, my name is Denise and I have a scheduling problem." There, I said it. I just hated the idea of being a "slave" to certain time constraints....or so I thought.

It's amazing how much more I accomplish with my new schedule (ya think?@!) and how much more compliant Nate is. I just started using it this week and so far, so good. Here's what I hashed out.....

6:45am-7:15am: Bible Study, prayer, personal time
7:15-7:45: Nate-breakfast and dressed
7:45-8:15: Nate/Denise excercise
8:15-8:30: Storytime
8:30-9:30: Nate-Room Time/ Denise-Computer & Office Time
9:30-10:00: Nate/Denise-Do dishes/laundry, vacuum, etc.
10:00-11:00: Nate-Structured Play, Storytime or Playground Play/ Denise: Clean house, run errands, etc.
11:30-12:00: Nate-Free Play/ Denise-Make lunch
12:00-12:30: Lunch
12:30-1:00: Nate-Watch show/ Denise: Pay bills or office stuff
1:00-2:00: Mom Time/Learning Time
2:00-4:30: Nate-nap/ Denise-Art
4:30-5:30: Take walk, Mom and Dad Time, Fix Dinner
5:30-6:00: Dinner
6:00-7:30: Free Play, Dad Time, Family Time
7:30-8:00: Get Nate ready for bed (story, songs, teeth, bath)


So this is supposed to keep me relatively sane....
...........I hope!

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

hope it works and you stay sane too!!

Marisa said...

Thanks for sharing your schedule. I think this has motivated me to do the same. I have a tendency to spend too much time on the computer instead of what I need to do. I have a schedule for the kids but what I really need is one for myself.