Friday, September 5, 2008

MY BIRTH"DATE"


MCCLINTOCK'S RESTAURANT

Today I (unbelievably) am celebrating my 40th birthday! I know I'm committing a taboo by telling my age but I don't care. It really doesn't bother me since I don't even look my age. ha. Don took me out for an awesome birthday dinner at McClintock's. It's a secluded restaurant in an even more secluded community in Tucson. You drive through a short tunnel through the mountain and emerge into a beautiful desert oasis. It was a very peaceful, relaxing, lodge-type feel with huge stone fireplaces on the porch and overlooked Tucson. You could dress up or dress down and still fit right in. It's been a very long time since we've been to a really nice dinner like this. I felt like we were dating again!


BEAUTIFUL DESERT LANDSCAPE


RELAXING ON THEIR HUGE VERANDA


BLOWING OUT MY BIRTHDAY CANDLE

9 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Pretty place, glad you had a nice birthday out! Love you, MOM

Kayce said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your year is FAB!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was extra special!

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

Looks like you had a great time! That desert plate looks amazing!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday! Those pictures make me miss the desert - especially Tucson!! Glad you had a wonderful night!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Birthday Denise! You definitely do not look your age! That's for sure! I hope you had an awesome day!

RamblingMother said...

Happy Belated!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!!!
What a beautiful restaurant and setting.
Looks like a wonderful birthday dinner!!!!
You look fabulous at 40!!!!!!!!!

Love the Little Maestro pictures as well.

Finally a Family of Four said...

Happy Birthday Denise!!! You are right, you don't look 40 and i know you don't feel 40.