Monday, September 15, 2008

MOUNTAIN RESPITE










Had a great day up on the mountain with my guys today. The weather was beautiful! 60 degrees (compared to our 97 at home), and windy so it felt colder. I loved it! We took Nate up here this time last year and he was still crawling then. Now he was able to run, climb rocks, discover bugs, flowers and other fun things. We had homemade chili and split pea & ham soup at the Iron Door restaurant...one of our fav places to grab some lunch. Summerhaven was quiet and fairly empty which was fine with us. It was a peaceful, relaxing way to spend a day off!

5 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

I was just thinking about the post I read the other day about your husband in the park with Nate...I thought, "I wonder how SHE would have responded?" I know for me, I'm like a lioness with her cubs...you better watch out! Don't mess with my bebes!

Looks like fun today! What an adventure!

Kayce said...

What a perfect way to recharge. Love the shots of you and Nate together.

Sharon said...

Looks amazing!! Imagine jackets already! Next time take me!!

RamblingMother said...

beautiful pics.

Sarah said...

Nate is just the most precious little guy! The way you capture him (and Don) on film makes me wish I could do the same!