Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DENISE'S CUISINE OF INDIA



Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?? I got industrious today and decided to make my favorite Indian meal, Palak Paneer....from scratch! It's basically curried spinach with paneer (Indian cheese). The same friends who gave us the Pooh kiddie sofa, gave us an enormous Indian food cookbook, years ago. I swear they must have got it from Costco because it's Costco-sized. We've made a few things but since Indian food has 50 bizillion different spices (in one recipe), I'm afraid it's been stuck in the back of our cookbook shelf for quite awhile. We're trying to eat healthier so I went looking for a good vegetarian dish and found this one. Fortunately, it only has a few basic spices so it was a quick fix.

I even made my own paneer cheese which was actually very easy. The end result was VERY tasty...not too pretty to look at but VERY tasty. ha! I had a little too much liquid so it was thinner than it should've been and I added the cheese too soon so it crumbled up instead of holding it's cube shape. Nate loved it though and even asked for seconds. Actually he asked for thirds but I said "No" since he'd already eaten jello and a banana on top of that. This kid can pack it away!

NICE "FU MANCHU" GOATEE...ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS THAT HIS TUMMY IS FULL OF TASTY FOOD!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

That picture is priceless! We tried Indian food once with you guys, but never really got into it. I do like the bread and tandoori chicken though. I copied the recipe from that giant book, but never actually made it. You're right about the spices. I bought a couple once just to try a recipe and never used them again. It's always fun to try new recipes. If you make the tandoori chicken, I want to see a picture. :-)

RamblingMother said...

lovin' his cheesy green grin