Tuesday, August 19, 2008

THE WRITINGS ON THE WALL

A few days ago Nate got into an art box while in Room Time. He just dumped all the contents out but that was it so I picked up everything and put it back where he couldn't reach it......at least I thought I did.

Today, when Room Time was over, I walked into his room and saw that he was playing with his toys. I noticed he had scribbled on a cardboard box with a red crayon.

At first I thought, "Oh no! I must have overlooked that when I was cleaning up his art box."

Then I thought, "Wow that's really good that he just colored on the cardboard".

Then when I turned around, I saw it..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Nate decided the cardboard canvas wasn't adequate so he began displaying his artistic talents all over the walls, door, his dresser, our suitcase.....basically anything BESIDES the box.

So, to sum it up...we were BOTH punished today. Nate, because he has to learn sometime that it's unacceptable to color on walls. Me, because I get to spend the afternoon on an intimate date with Mr. Magic Eraser since I was careless and left a crayon within his reach. ARGH!

Here's another photo for fun of Nate at the Cracker Barrel. He prefers to do things the more complicated way. ha!

8 comments:

Angel said...

You need a spray bottle of de-solve-it. It is orange oil based, and I get it at Wal-Mart. It takes silly putty out of carpet, tar off of carpet, crayon off walls, grease off skin, you name we've been there. You're just getting started. Wait until he starts making science experiments; "potions" they're called here.

Sarah said...

OH MY! He is such an artist- he may have a future creating art on walls in a museum somewhere!
Have fun with Mr.Clean. We are good friends and I know he will "perform" magic for you.

Pat Ramos said...

Oh boy, that is too funny!! Reminds me of YOU when you smeared Crisco on the drapes at the Air Force Base Housing where we lived. He's very artistic you think??

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Taking after Mami, ey? Gotta love it!

I remember scrubbing walls not too long ago with Tatiana who decided to let her creative juices overflow onto the wall, too! Fun!

RamblingMother said...

LOL! oops sorry, I know it isn't funny but it is or will be soon enough.

Kayce said...

You have to show him those pictures when he's older, he'll love it! Sorry your day is spent cleaning...

Lori said...

OH GOOD GRAVY!! He went to town!!
Yes, a little boy and a little crayon can make a BIG mess!! :)

Chanda said...

I take it they weren't "washable" crayons. Yikes!