Thursday, August 14, 2008

WHO DOES #2 WORK FOR?

Da boy! That's who! Nate was playing and got suddenly quiet...I looked over and it appeared that he was straining to "move". So I whisked him over to his potty (which he was not too happy about...apparently I interrupted what he was doing). He sat there for a minute or so and then the phone rang. I ran over to check caller ID and when I came back, I smelled something.

"Did you poo poo in your potty?"
(no answer)

"Do you need to poo poo?"

"No" (and shakes his head)

I lift him up to see if he already went, and sure enough....there it was!! A big 'ol poo!!! He pooped in his potty for the very first time!!! YEA!

Holy cow, you should'a seen the celebration.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah yes, the first #2. It is quite a celebration. We did the #2 dance. Yes, there is a differance between the #1 and #2 dances, #2 is way bigger!

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

Don't you wish you could bronze that little nugget? Yeah it was quite a celebration for us. I think we danced around the house in a train kicking out to crazy poo poo rhymes!

Chanda said...

Ah, yes, the poo-poo dance..."Poo-Poo on the Potty...Hey...Poo-Poo on the Potty!" It's a very exciting time! To Nate, it's a great accomplishment. To you, it's a step towards being diaper free. Both are great reasons to celebrate!! Great job setting him on the potty. Here's a little pee-pee song I made up, "I like the potty and the potty likes me. I use the potty to go pee-pee."

Pat Ramos said...

Wahooo...great for Nate!!

RamblingMother said...

Yea! Nate the Great. You grow boy!!

RN said...

I want that reaction when I go #2 in the potty. It would do wonders on my self-esteem.