Friday, August 8, 2008

NEW ART ON ETSY





I just added new art to my Etsy shop. These are a couple of series, "Powerful Words" and "Moments With God". I've never been enthused about the inspirational art in the stores. It all looks the same and I like things that are unique and colorful.

Ok, so my "Moments With God" are black and white but there's a story behind them. The photos are ones that I've taken. Two of them were at La Jolla Beach..actually called Wind and Sea beach (and yes it was windy). I found this cool little hut there and there were some interesting rocks near the shore. It was quiet and peaceful when I visited so that was the motivator for this series. One of the photos was taken in Rocky Point, Mexico at sunset...again beautiful and peaceful. We were collecting shells that covered the beach there. The last photo was taken at Malibu at Paradise Cove. They have a funky restaurant there that had awesome banana macademia nut pancakes! The weather was overcast and misty and felt like you were alone in a dream world.

For the "Powerful Words" series, I wanted to do something abstract, modern and colorful rather than bland and boring. The scriptures are so motivating and moving...I felt that color played an important role with them.

Well, I have to get back to my family. Nate's Room Time is over and it's time to make burritos for dinner. Yum!!

Hope you enjoy!
www.deniseart.etsy.com

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Oh, I can't wait to see more! I see two prints I want! I just wish there were other options besides 8x10. Will you be providing these prints on other objects? like the cafe press shope or do you also have a cafe press shop? i intend on sending something to another friend...gotta get her address and will order this wkd. Sorry I missed your call will try to call tomorrow! Thx!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

What size do you need? 8x10 is just one option. I can print any size you want! Just let me know and I'll add the size to my store.

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

Beautiful stuff! KEep it up!