Tuesday, August 5, 2008

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NATE!!!!!!!!



A year ago today, we walked down to a hotel lobby with 7 other nervous but excited couples and our beautiful son was placed in my arms. This past year has been filled with so many new things. We did not have the slightest idea of how to be parents..much less to an instant "almost toddler". I think I had only changed one diaper in my life and I had no clue how to make formula. But we figured it out and survived.

Today we remember all the people who donated their time and resources to help Nate find a home with us. We thank our agency, Children's Hope International who encouraged us during the long wait and our happiness at Referral. Most of all, we thank God for matching us up with this boy and entrusting us to raise him as His son. Everything came together for a purpose and at the right time.

Happy Gotcha Day Nate! We love you lots!!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Sooo sweet!! ahppy gotcha nate!

I wish you lived closer so I could come over and talk to you sometimes!!

Finally a Family of Four said...

I can not believe that it has been a year already! I was crying my eyes out watching the Gotch Day video.
renee

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Congrats! One year! He's gorgeous and you guys are doing great! Thanks for sharing your story with those of us in the blogosphere!

Sarah said...

happy gotcha day! Its been a whole year- I can't believe it! Nate is growing up so fast

Stacie said...

Happy Day! (For both of our families! :)

RamblingMother said...

Happy Gotcha Day. He really is growing up!