Saturday, August 16, 2008

FIRST PARTY

Nate went to his first birthday party this week. I think I was more over stimulated than he was. The whole thing was a blur of kids and presents and arcade games with whirring sounds and blinking lights....and that was just at Peter Piper Pizza! I think I'll wait to go there when my kid(s) are old enough to entertain themselves. It was too crazy trying to talk to my friends and keep an eye on Nate. Or maybe I'm just older. ha.

Nate sat on the bench and a little 5 yr old girl sat next to him. After awhile, she got up to play and her mom remained on the bench next to Nate. There wasn't any room before that so I sat across from him. Then to my surprise, this lady started "mothering" Nate! She kept wiping his messy face and helping hold his drink and on and on. I was surprised to find that it was EXTREMELY annoying to me because I kept thinking.."Hello! I'm his mom and I'm right here!" If he needed my help I would offer it but I'm not going to totally baby him. I would never have done that to her child with her sitting across from me and it amazed me that she didn't even hesitate...especially since I had just met her at the party! Finally I had enough and got up to sit next to Nate (there was a spot open at that point) and took over. Geeeeeez!! Here's some photos below:

HAPPY KIDS LOADED WITH SUGAR AND CARBS


THIS LITTLE GIRL KEPT STARING AT NATE AND FINALLY ASKED, "IS HE CHINESE?"


THEY ENDED THEIR STAREDOWN BY DIVING INTO THEIR PIZZA


NATE LOVED SKEEBALL!


RIDING A MOTORCYCLE


TATTOO HE GOT FROM PETER PIPER....MY LITTLE WILD MAN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the over zealous mom may just have more than one child and mothering all the time, even strangers just comes naturally. I know I wouldn't hesitate to wipe a kids face, even if his mom was across the table, if I was sitting next to him and it needed done. Sometimes people just don't think about the small stuff like that because it just such a part of their daily routine. It really doesn't seem like something to get that bothered about.

RN said...

welcome to one of the crazier aspects of parenting, a birthday party at a pizza place! Love that kid, though, you're awesome and so is he (and He)
... and get used to Chuck E Cheese

Kayce said...

Love skeeball! Great pictures of what looked like a fun party.

Kayce said...

forgot to add that I would not have cleaned up Nate unless you asked me to first. ;)

Angel said...

I would have cleaned him up, but like anonymous said, it would be because that is what I do all day. Matt just reminded me of an incident with his mother. She would mother all of the kids in her class. It became such a habit that she even tucked in the principal's shirt one day! Just mark it down to a mom being loving and move on.