Thursday, June 26, 2008

THE O.C.

It's been a great week here in Cali. Apparently we missed the "heat wave" (gee, wish I had an ocean at home to cool off in) and the weather has been sunny and beautiful with a COOL breeze. I emphasize that because Arizona's breezes are like the rush of air when you open a hot oven.

The guys have really enjoyed the conference and actually said they are "worshipped out" (is that possible???) I got a dvd that has tips on playing bass guitar for contemporary praise and worship and also has some tips for the fretless bass (my next future endeavor). Can't wait to watch it. I stopped by the conference on Tues during lunch and listened to Christian jazz and rap while we ate...yes they were literally at opposite ends of the plaza. Then, right before the next session, they had some motorcycle jumpers doing amazing stunts.."Riders For Christ". VERY cool! They also had the lead singer from the group, "Ambrosia" perform ("How Much I Feel", "Biggest Part of Me"). Apparently he attends Saddleback. I didn't get to hear that but the guys raved about it. I wish I could've attended the worship part too because I love hearing the different groups leading.

Wed., I took Nate to Balboa beach & pier. As soon as I sat him down in the sand, he got freaked out when he saw the water rush up onto the beach. It took a few minutes for him to feel comfortable playing in the sand and even then, he kept a watchful eye on the surf. After awhile though, I carried him down to the water and as long as I was holding him, he had a good time in the waves. I almost biffed it a couple of times when the waves crashed down on me...thought for sure we would go under but managed to keep us both up. It was a lot of fun but tiring. I wanted to maximize my time there so Nate took his nap in the stroller and I just watched the Jr. Lifeguards run up and down the beach countless times, doing push-ups...I think it was like boot camp for middle schoolers. It's cute because all the little boys at the beach have long wavy surfer hair, like in the 70's, and carry their boogie boards around.

Today, I went to the Balboa Fun Park and took Nate on the ferry over to Balboa Island. It's a little island with multi-million dollar cottages, quaint shops and restaurants. Of course, I had to get my mint chocolate chip ice cream while I was there and man was it yummy! I rarely ever eat ice cream so it's a real treat. This afternoon, I met up with the guys and we saw Indiana Jones again. I love all the special effects and action and the fact that Harrison Ford can still pull it off as Indiana Jones after 20 years. But I don't love the story...just never been into the whole aliens bit. Tomorrow we're having breakfast at Ruby's Diner on Balboa Pier. They have AWESOME cinnamon roll french toast! After that, we're staying with my art agent for the weekend and attending a satellite church that Saddleback started. A satellite church is where they have a video of the sermon instead of a live pastor. You'd think people wouldn't like that but this church has over 800 members!! So we're going to see how they do things. I won't have internet access after today so I'll see you all in blogger land on Monday!

Here's some photos from our trip.....Click on the photos to see them larger.

AMAZING MOTORCYCLE STUNT RIDERS AT SADDLEBACK CHURCH








GORGEOUS MAGNOLIA FLOWER

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Beautiful pictures! I lived near Balboa beach for about 2 years as a kid! How fun!

Sam said...

A day with stunt motorcycle riders is the best... Awesome pics

Sharon said...

Great shots! Wern't you just there??? B man is in Laguna Beach this week surfing. I love your new blog look. That photo is of the two of you is so sweet!!