Thursday, June 19, 2008

FIRST MOVIE!



Up until now, Nate has only been to the movie theater while he was sleeping. It was the only way we could get a movie fix without worrying about a baby sitter. But today, I had to pick up a hiking backpack from a friend, for another friend (stay with me here) and she mentioned that she was taking her kids to see "Surf's Up". The kids got in FREE and adults were only $1.00!! That's right, ONE DOLLAH! I thought, "Dude! Even if we had to leave early, you can't beat a buck!" So today Nate went to his very first movie. He did MUCH better than I expected and was so excited to sit in real chair and eat popcorn like Mom. Sat through most of it...got a little squirmy at times..tried to stand up in his chair a couple of times (yeah, we nipped that in the bud) but never got OUT of his chair. He actually laughed at the movie a few times..it was hilarious. Toward the end, all the excitement got the better of him and he conked out. You know you're a parent when you don't mind a theater jam packed with kids. I was relieved that Nate could burst out talking and no one cared. haha. Actually, it seemed quieter and calmer in the theater than I remember in the past. Or maybe it's just that I have a kid now and am more sympathetic. It was only after the movie that I realized they had booster seats for the kids. Doh!

P.S. Don REFUSES to have a photo of his hair taken. I will have to take one while he's sleeping. hee hee!



7 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

How funny! Love the pics! Is Nate giving us a review of the movie? The previews looked cute!

And girl, go for the pic! I dare ya! Smiles!

Sam said...

Nate looks like I do when I watch Ben Affleck movies!

We are taking Alyssa to her first movie next week. We are seeing Wall-e. She also is excited about sitting in her own chair and eating popcorn. Wish us luck! Great idea to take a pic! I shall do the same.

I remember seeing movies with you and Don, and all we cared about was our Starbucks! Ha ha

Angel said...

We do the free summer movies as well. Surf's Up was funny. Next week is the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Here even the parents get in free, and popcorn and drinks are $1! Even the frozen cokes!! Love those summer movies.

Stacie said...

Wow! I don't know if Micah would even sit through the credits - popcorn might help though! :) Maybe I'll try it - it looks like Nate had fun!

Kayce said...

What fun! I remember my son's first movie like it was yesterday. He was 3 and we took him to see Fly Away Home. I thought for sure he'd be over it after the opening credits. Nope, he sat there mouth agape the entire movie. It was a moment seared in my brain forever. We actually just watched that movie a few weeks ago. When I told him it was the first big screen movie he ever saw he was surprised.

RamblingMother said...

what fun. bless his tired heart.

McKillip Family said...

We do the summer movies at Harkins on Thursdays. Faith is free and I am only 7 bucks for 10 movies. I bring like 7 different snacks and that lasts about 30 minutes and then she talks really loud and I have to tell her to use her inside voice and she YELLS "I don't NEEEEED to use my inside voice" It's great. We made it through 2 movies. Veggie Tales (I had to talk her through it) then she LOVED Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.