Friday, April 4, 2008

NATE'S NURSERY

Sorry for the late blog. This has been a really tough week for us, spiritually. Can't go into details but man....it's really amazing to see how Satan can take an awesome thing that God is doing and turn it into something negative for some people. It makes you realize why the Bible says to be prepared in all things at all times.

Ok, Sharon, this one's for you. Waaaaaaay back in July of '07, I had a post of Nate's nursery. I think the photos might have been hard to see though. He's still in his crib so nothing's changed since last year. I knew I wanted to do a jungle nursery theme. My favorite part of Disneyland is AdventureLand so I decided to do his room that way. Since we're renting, I didn't want to paint a mural on the walls, so I got a big roll of canvas and painted a mural on that. Then I made a sign above his closet door that says "Nate's Imports" and put other jungle-y type decorations around the room. Most of them, I already had. It was a blast decorating and I still love walking into his room. The only extra thing we added was a giant snake that we got from IKEA and we weaved it in and out of his crib rails.

I'm already thinking of his next room theme. I'm tossing around a lodge/ fishing theme, or a surfer theme, but not sure about that. I'm not really into traditional sports themes like football or baseball.





7 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look how incredibly talented you are!!! What an adorable room!!

Kayce said...

SUPPPPPPPER CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I especially like the way you added the extra dimension to the painting on the wall, it made it so much more interesting.

Jan from Baby Nursery Wall Murals

Sarah said...

What a great room and mural- he must love going to bed a night!

RamblingMother said...

Y'all did a great job on his room. Very cute.

beverly

Sharon said...

OMGosh!!! That is amazing!! YOU are sooo talented! Nate is going to want to stay in there forever and other little boys are going to come over and gawk!!!

Thank you for doing that. I am so honored!!

I want to know the details of your problem!! Whine! I have been on my knees all morning over something too but now I see I shouldn't have been so anxious.

I'll give you what I found...

"Blessed be the name of God forever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:" (Daniel 2:20)

"He revealeth the deep and secret things; he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him." (Daniel 2:22)

"

Suz said...

Do you travel to help decorate? That's awesome!!!
Suz