Monday, April 21, 2008

GROOOOOSSS!!

This morning while Nate was in "Room Time", I heard him start crying just before the timer was to go off. Sometimes he does that because he just doesn't want to play by himself, he wants mom or dad in constant view. It wasn't an "I'm hurt" cry...more like, "I'd rather be out there than in here" cry so I didn't think much about it. When the timer went off I opened his door and smelled a poopy diaper. He had stopped crying by then and said "Hi" when I came in. That's when I saw it........

UGH!!! A BIG BLOB OF POOP ON THE CARPET! I immediately scooped him up and put him on the changing pad. OMGosh there was poop everywhere. He had a blowout, so here I am trying to take the diaper off, telling him to hold still so he doesn't roll around in it. But it had already creeped up his back and then it spilled out the diaper, smeared onto the changing pad and some of it fell on the floor around his legos. As I was mortified, I heard this smacking noise and turned around to see Harvard making a meal of the mess on the carpet!! By that time, my stomach was flipping and I thought I was really going to puke. So I'm yelling at Harvard to get out of the bedroom, trying to wipe up as much of the mess on Nate as I could, then side-stepping what was on the carpet to scrub him down in the bathtub. After I got him clean, I wrapped him up in a towel and blankets on the floor and started sterilizing the room and his toys like a crazy woman.

Of course, Don had just left the house right before I walked in his room so I had the pleasure of grossing myself out...and you too...thanks for sharing in my misery. haha.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

ahahhahahahahahah that is so bad!! OMGosh! I won't say welcome to motherhood! hahahahahahahhaha

PS I am really sorry that you had such an incident!! And i loved the words you left on my comment!! And I loved Nate's little 'hi'whne you walked in.

TnLRamos said...

Hey, sis it happens to us all. Just the other day Zachary came in and said, "Nicholas is playing in poop". Next thing I know, Nicholas comes by my side of the bed and as cute as he can says "Daddy". I look downa nd his hands, feet, and just about everything else was covered in poop. Yeah rah. Made me and Leanne jump out of bed pretty quick and for a quick bath. sheesh.

Sarah said...

HOLY COW! Sorry- but I am laughing so hard I am almost crying- this made my day. I too have had the squishy up the back and on the legs deal. Thankfully never the poop on the carpet (not yet anyway)
I have had poop fall out of the diaper and I didn't see it......

Amy said...

I'm just glad this happens to everyone else! :) Bella loves to stick her hands in her diaper to SHOW YOU she's poopy... GROSS!!!

RamblingMother said...

I have so been there. At least you have a story to embarrass him with when he tries to act all cool and stuff as a pre-teen.LOL

JB said...

I've got to admit...that's pretty gross!!
Thanks for sharing though.