Sunday, April 13, 2008

BUILDING BRIDGES






I just picked up this mega lego set for Nate. Holy cow, does he love it! He now understands the "toy section" at Target. He kept pointing to toys and saying "eh! eh!", just wanting to touch and play with them all. It's a whole new level of comprehension. I used to wander the toy aisles and he could care less. Those days are long gone.

He's beginning to add new words to his reperetoire like "Sit", "Trash" (because he likes to put things in the trash), and still says "Dad", "Hi", "Harvah (Harvard)", and sometimes "Mama" but not much. He likes imitating sounds that he hears too. AND...be still my heart....he is eating his veggies again! After the Saag Paneer episode, I went out and bought a mini food processor, steamed and chopped fresh veggies, then cooked them in curry powder and a little milk. He's been wolfing them down ever since. Hey if that's all it took, I'm good with that. He also likes grilled veggies and ate all of his grilled asparagus and acorn squash. Yea!

Today we went to another movie after Nate fell asleep in the stroller. This is the second movie we've been able to see while he's napping. We saw "Leatherheads" and it was awesome! Totally worth it.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

So cute!! Also, I wish you would come make those veggies for me! lucky boy!!

Sharon said...

PS I had to come back over becasue I forgot the name of th show already! haha. I need it more for me to learn some CHinese!! But i had to say, that every time i see him, I think how beautiful he is!!

RamblingMother said...

Glad to know the movie was good. It is on my list to do. Cute pics of Nate or rather, Nate is such a cutie.

Beverly

Finally a Family of Four said...

Mega blocks are a big hit over here as well. As a matter of fact my almost 6 year old still plays with the duplo legos with Lily. Duplo legos are the next step up from mega blocks and then you do the little legos.
Nate looks so serious about building.
Renee

Anonymous said...

Hi I came back over to say thanks so much for that great email. My in laws have been in town and so i am behind but hope to write soon. I just had to come check my blog real quick since I am addicted to gettting my commetns! hahah

Sharon