Saturday, February 23, 2008

THANKS


Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your comments, cards, thoughts, prayers and emails for my grandma and our family. It really meant a lot to know that you care and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know that.

We are trying to get back into the swing of things now. Nate is cutting 4 big molars...they've been coming in for awhile now, which is good because we can start feeding him more foods he can chew up. He has graduated to a sippy cup with no nib. They're more rounded like the edge of a glass and he likes using straws too. It's interesting how he's changing lately. He's learning how to show affection...gives kisses and hugs and loves to receive them from us. He'll talk to us now in his own baby babble but it sounds like he's trying to form more words. If I look at him and ask "What did you say?", he'll point to something, look at me and start talking like he's trying to explain it. It's too cute! When we were driving on our trip, every time a truck or van drove by, he'd point to them and say "Dut!" Of course he pointed and said the same thing at boats, water, buses, dogs or anything else he recognizes. ha!

He's also learning to play with other kids now. Before, he wouldn't have much to do with them but in San Fran, he liked wrestling with his 2nd cousin, 6-yr old Aidan. However, the other night he was playing with friends, Shannon & J.J. who are only 3yrs & 10 months and was trying to wrestle with them. They didn't really like it when he threw himself at them and tried to knock them to the ground. Doh! Guess we'll have to teach him the difference between little kids and big kids. He was very observant of J.J. and would stand there looking at him with his hands clasped behind his back. Then, after a few moments, he'd reach over and pat him on the head. I think he was trying to figure out how to interact with him. Too funny!

It's a gorgeous day today in AZ. 70 degrees, partly cloudy with a cool spring breeze in the air. Too nice to be inside. Since Nate is napping, I think I'll make me an iced mocha on our barista machine, sit outside and relax for a bit. My brother called from Cincinnati the other day and said it was snowing. Kind of hard to imagine that as I'm looking outside my open front door. ha!

3 comments:

Finally a Family of Four said...

Hey Girl,
Glad that you are home safe and sound.
I am so jealous of your weather, we had an ice strom 2 days ago and it is so cold and yucky outside.
As I sit here sick (strep throat) I watched out gotcha day dvd and just cried like a big baby. Have you watched it lately.
I am going to try to call you in a couple days, as soon as I can talk.
Here is your homework; watch the Gotcha Day dvd and ket me know if you cry.
Renee

Finally a Family of Four said...

Hey Girl,
Glad that you are home safe and sound.
I am so jealous of your weather, we had an ice strom 2 days ago and it is so cold and yucky outside.
As I sit here sick (strep throat) I watched out gotcha day dvd and just cried like a big baby. Have you watched it lately.
I am going to try to call you in a couple days, as soon as I can talk.
Here is your homework; watch the Gotcha Day dvd and ket me know if you cry.
Renee

Sharon said...

I am sorry about your Grandma.

And I am glad you have nice weather and a sweet baby to make you feel better. You sound like such a great mom to understand why he was trying to wrestle the little ones.

Hope you have a great week.