Monday, February 4, 2008

RAINY DAYS ARE REAL TREATS....

...out here in Arizona that is. Since we don't get much rain, everyone runs to the windows to watch it. Today was our day off and the perfect cold, rainy day. I made some Beef Barley Soup that totally hit the spot. Then I sat in the big leather chair by the window, threw an afghan over me, settled down with my knitting, a cup of coffee and an "Ooops Brownie". Aaahhhhh....perfect!! Wish I could do it all over again.

I know what you're thinking. What the heck is an "Oops Brownie"? Well, today felt like a good brownie day so I started throwing together all the stuff to make them. Got all the ingredients in there and realized I was out of the most important ingredient...COCOA! ARgh! Well I wasn't going to waste a bowl full of ingredients, so I substituted the cocoa for flour, threw in some coconut, walnuts, found a little bit of instant hot cocoa and swirled that in with 2 tsp of melted butter. It actually tasted really good. Sort of like a coconut custard cake. So that's my "Oops Brownie".

I'm feeling really lazy now! P.S. Harvard's doing MUCH better....but he's still not allowed in our bedroom. Doh!

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

sounds good. I wouldn't have thought to make something else.

Beverly

Kayce said...

Glad you enjoyed the beef and barley...it is really good!

On my blog you left me a comment about being in China in a week. I wish I was going in a week. I think my PS about 8 days was a bit confusing...I'm really really happy that the CC*AA referred 8 days this last batch. I will take your advice of videoing walking down the street though and put it in my to do book for when we do go. :)