Monday, February 4, 2008

BAD END TO A GOOD DAY

Super Bowl Sunday started off great. At church we talked about the guy's view on sexual intimacy and had a lot of very positive comments. For some reason I felt more nervous and Don and I both felt like we were struggling through the message. But everyone else thought it was even better than the week before! Well the Bible says that God uses us in our weakness and that was proof of it. Just another reminder that if you want to listen to the series, click on our church website link, select "Grow" on our website menu and select "Sermons". Then just click on the one you want to hear.

That night, several people from church were getting together at a friend's house to watch the game and make fun of the crazy commercials. Since our Colts didn't make it, we were rooting for the underdog and it was a really good game at the very end. Even I...not really into football...enjoyed it. Nate was kind of grumpy, as usual, on a Sunday when he's tired of being overstimulated.....and just plain tired. But he laughed for a little while until time to go home and get him to bed.

After we got home, we were chillin' on the sofa watching re-runs of M.A.S.H. I noticed our dog looked kind of funny...sort of stiff and hunched over and his ears were laid back. I was too tired to really pay attention to him, that is until I decided to go to bed at 11pm. As soon as I walked into the room I was slammed with the most putrid odor. Poor Harvard had a really upset stomach and instead of letting us know he needed to go outside, he decided to relieve himself in our bedroom! There was diheherra EVERYWHERE....by our bed (and on our bedskirt), in our master bathroom, by our closet, IN OUR CLOSET!! GROSSSSSS!!!!! That was the last thing we wanted to clean up when we were getting ready for bed, much less IN our own bedroom.

Needless to say, Harvard slept in the bathroom last night. :-O

2 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

OH MY GOSH! I really don't like the word "hate," but I absolutely hate when my dogs get sick everywhere and don't tell me they need to go out. I become a crazy woman! The smell is so gross, isn't it? I'm soooo sorry you had to deal with this, especially at bedtime!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm sorry you had to endure the pain of endometriosis. I have another friend who suffered from this pain too, and I have heard how terrible it is.

PS Loved your GQ photo! Your little Nate is cute as can be!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

I tell you what...I'd take a poopy diaper over doggie diaherra ANY day!! haha!