Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


2007 wrapped up with a bang. Don and I struggled to stay awake on the sofa..snoozing every so often and waking up with a startled look like "Did we miss it?!" So we watched the last few minutes of the Times Square ball being lowered and quietly welcomed 2008. Outside, fireworks were being set off somewhere in the distance. In our 20's, we would hang out at the Tempe Block Party in Phoenix with thousands of other people to celebrate. It was a blast and I miss doing that. Either I'm getting old or just plain lazy because chillin' on the sofa was pretty darn comfy. In a few days, Don and I will celebrate 18 years together. That's how old I was when we met! Hard to believe it's been THAT long. I can't imagine Nate in 18 years. It goes by too fast.

We have so much to be thankful for in 2007. Half of the year was spent wondering if we'd ever get a child...the second half was celebrating our reunion with our child. My art licensing finally started taking off, after 3 years in the business and it was exciting to see gift products with my art on them in Hallmark and other stores. We welcomed several new faces into our church and made many more friends as well as see several people accept Christ. We traveled across the world and got to experience a once in a lifetime trip, seeing incredible sights and meeting different people. Even sharing God's hope with a couple of them. We were blessed to see both our parents and their happiness in celebrating a new grandson. Our close friends finally got to celebrate parenthood with us after over a decade of waiting!

I am anxious to see what 2008 will hold...even more so, I'm excited to be able to officially celebrate Mother's Day as a new mom and look forward to a whole year with my new son!

HAPPY 2008!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful. Congrats! And I am happy to see that your art work is still going strong. I always thought you were a great artist. Now I can tell people I know a published artist.

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Forever Blessings Await in 2008!

I like that slogan...may you and Don and Baby Nate see many more blessings this coming year...and WOOHOO!!! Congrats on your 18 yr anniversary!!! Praise God! Hope you do something special to celebrate partnership!

And, I am just gonna have to go in the next Hallmark store and find something with your name on it!!! How wild? I may actually know someone (via cputer) who is a famous artist!!! Wow! I'm excited!

Sharon said...

We did the same thing on New Years Eve and I had the same thoughts. We don't get TV though and I've never missed it so much as not getting to see that ball drop even if it is three hours old on the west coast! Congratualtions on all the great things going on in your life!!

RamblingMother said...

Great picture. Yea about your art taking off.

Beverly