Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FUN IN THE PARK





Well, tonight went much better. Nate woke up happy from his nap and played contently for the rest of the night. The visit with the social worker went really well. We tell her all the progress Nate has made but he gets very shy and clams up. Won't talk or "perform" for her and clings to us, so she can only take our word for it! However, he started getting more comfortable when the interview was wrapping up. When she got up to leave, we told him to say goodbye and he ran over and closed the door and looked back at her like "you're not going anywhere"! It was too funny. We started walking her out and as she went out the door, Nate came running after us, slipped on our tile floor and smacked his head with a very loud "thud". Naturally he started screaming...he really went down hard...and all I could think of was, "I hope she doesn't hold THAT against us". ha! Actually, she has a 3.5 yr old boy who is just as mobile so she's totally understanding. Fortunately, he's got a thick head so he stopped crying shortly after and just rubbed his bruised head. I carried him out to her car and he waved "goodbye" to her. Last interview is in 6 more months. That seems like a long time but then I remember he's already been with us nearly 6 months. Weird.

Here's the photos of Nate on the slides. He loves them and squeals loudly as he's going down. However, he didn't like the curvy slide very much. I think that was a little too steep and too fast for him. The playground is covered in wood chips and he likes to grab handfuls and put them on the slide. I told him he needed to clean it off, so he did, but then when he was climbing up the steps to the slide, he had to stop and clean off all the steps before going to the next one.

Well the little hot pot is getting tired. Almost bed time but he had a rough day so he's wearing down faster. He's lying on the floor with his panda bear trying to play with his abacus but just doesn't have much energy to keep going. Good night all. See you next time.

5 comments:

Finally a Family of Four said...

I love the slide photos, he is such a cutie.
Can you believe that we are already doing 6 month follow up visits? After all that long waiting and now post adoption life is flying by.
Renee

Sharon said...

I'll bet that social worker thinks you are fantastic parents!! Don't even worry for a second. Great shots and thank you for your prayers for my mom. I really appreciate the comment and support. She is in surgery right now and I am feeling very alright about it knowing it is in HIS hands. God bless your precious family!!!!

RamblingMother said...

cute cute pictures. Glenys never said anything around our sowo either. But this Christmas we saw her at a Christmas party and she noted how verbal and clear Glenys was, not that she was surprised but she noted how smart Glenys was after not seeing her for a year.

Beverly

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi!

Thank you for your comment on my blog! Nate is absolutely adorable! I'm sure the social worker is very used to children not "performing" for her. I bet the next time she sees him, he'll have a whole new set of tricks to show her!

Glad you found my blog. I'll love reading updates about Nate now that I have your link! He's such a cutie pie!

Adrienne

Sharon said...

Hi! I came back over to say thank you again! It is soooo nice having sweet blog buddies!!