Friday, January 4, 2008

STILL THE ONE




Today was our 18th anniversary! 18 YEARS!!! We actually dated for 3-1/2 years before we got married so technically we've known each other for 21 years. I met Don at church, 2 weeks after my high school graduation. He met me, went home and announced to his parents that he'd found the girl he was going to marry. How wild is that?! I was just thrilled to be dating an older guy (he's 3 years older than me). ha! I never thought I'd have a boyfriend because I always looked very young for my age, and what guy in college wants to date a girl who looks like she's 14? I tried buying firecrackers in CA when I was 20 and the lady was refusing to sell them to me because she swore I was younger than 16 (the legal age to buy them). I was so offended at the time. When you're 20, you don't appreciate your younger looks like you do when you're 39!

We had a friend watch Nate for us tonight so we could go to nice restaurant. Nate actually does really good in restaurants but this one was not the typical kind you take a 15month kid to. It's amazing how you feel less stressful when you don't have your kid with you. We never really feel that stressed when he's with us but it's like you let your guard down because you know you don't have a child with you to protect or watch out for. We had a really nice dinner and then headed back to the house. Our friend and her 3yr old daughter had a lot of fun with Nate. At one point, she said they drug out all his instruments and had a little band going.

Nate also had his doc appt today. He's now in the 90th percentile for height AND weight....33" tall and 25.5lbs. No wonder his 18mo clothes are fitting him better. We knew he'd grown because he keeps trying to walk under our dining room table and always smacks his head on it. doh!

It was a nice night with my man and we hope to have another 18 more years to come.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Congratulations! We just celebrated our 18th a few weeks ago. Traci

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Love the anniversary pic! How fun! You are a beautiful couple, who make a beautiful family!

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great couple you are!

Pat Ramos said...

You're making us feel old!

MOM