Friday, December 14, 2007

ZOO LIGHTS



Tonight we took Nate to see the Zoo Lights. It was a lot of fun and I love hearing live music during the Christmas season. The Tucson High School Steel Drum band was playing and they were awesome. I love steel drums and always wanted to learn how to play one. Near the polar bear area, they had "snow" falling...meaning, a soap bubble machine that blows out snowy soap bubbles. Yes, we Arizona kids don't really understand that when you try to catch soap bubble snow on your tongue, it doesn't taste the same as the real deal.

It was cold tonight...supposed to be around 31 degrees. That's cold for us! We got our hot chocolates, bundled up Nate and I think he had a good time. Was real quiet...just taking everything in...the lights, the kids running everywhere. He liked the music too and at one point, it looked like he was keeping the beat with his hand.

Ok, this is really weird. I'm typing in Blogger and some of my letters are not showing up. So I have all these gaps in my sentences...and probably some misspelled words since I can't see all the letters that I'm typing. OOOOooooOOOO. Internet ghost.

I have a couple other posts to addand more pics so check back again soon.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I remember taking Jonathan to walk around the neighborhood in Philly to see the lights. He was 11 months old and he saw Santa in a neighbor's drive going to a party. Santa stopped and asked what he would like for Christmas. Jonathan couldn't talk much and he only said "Walk." He started walking on Christmas Day!
Also he would look at all of those lights on our walks and plead, "More darsh Mommy. More darsh!" Darsh were stars- he thought the lights were stars.
Christmas is so much better with kids. Enjoy.